James Keegan attended California State University and earned his B.S. in Finance (1971).
In 1976, Keegan along with Al Coppin founded Keegan & Coppin Company, Inc. James has taken the role of Co-Founder, Executive Vice President, and Broker at the Company, which has grown into the largest Commercial Real Estate firm in the North Bay.
James started at Imperial Savings & Loan Association, Newport Beach, California in 1971 and continued until 1974 he was Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager. For the following two years he worked as a Sales Agent at Grubb & Ellis Commercial Brokerage.
Business and Community Affiliations Past & Present:
- Former Chairman of the Board, Sonoma National Bank
- Redwood Food Bank – Board of Trustees – Chairman
- Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, Board of Trustees
- Sonoma County Certified Development Corp., Board of Directors
- Sonoma County Economic Development Board, Board of Directors
- Boy Scouts of America, Member Sonoma-Mendocino District Council
- Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Sonoma County Community Foundation, Professionals Advisory Group
- Santa Rosa Junior College, Advisory Board
- City of Santa Rosa Fire Safety Committee
- Roseland University Prep, Charter School
- Managed as Broker for Keegan & Coppin Company, Inc., between 500 and 600 commercial transactions per year over the last forty years.